Monday, February 21, 2011

Enough

---

There are so many things we do and say that really mean, “It’s not enough.”

I’m frustrated and I’m exhausted. My brain quit a while ago and now my motor skills are starting to go. But I keep pushing myself. Why?

It’s not enough.

It’s not enough to do what I have the mental, physical, and emotional energy to do and then trust God with the rest. Because I need more than what God has provided. I need more energy, more time, more money, more accomplishment, more order, more, more, more.

He’s given me 24 hours in each day. And that is a gift – none of it is promised.

Today is enough.

There are so many things that need to be done. I’m not the leader I want to be, the wife I want to be, the homemaker I want to be, the family member I want to be, the person I want to be. But I won’t accomplish it all today. That much doesn’t happen in 24 hours. I am limited. Is that a curse? Or a blessing?

I do look forward to life after death, where I get to spend eternity with God and there are no limitations on that time. But for now, He has given me 24 hours per day. Because He knows I am weak, He knows my frame, He knows I come from dust.

Can I gratefully accept this gift of 24 hours? Can I say, “Thank you, Lord, for this day. It is long enough for all You want to accomplish within this day. Show me what You want me to do today, and help me be grateful for the number of hours in it. Thank you for reminding me when it is time to rest.

Thank You for this gift of time.

It is enough.”

 
___

No comments:

Post a Comment