Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Morning Walk


















Walking these streets, I find myself.

In the grafitti on a wall.
In rocking chairs on a porch.
In the simple, boring building, fallen to disrepair.
In the quirky little house painted crazy colors that don't go together at all.
In the grand, majestic home with the pristine lawn.
In the sleek new structure built not too long ago.
In the zany paintings on the street.


In the smiles that dare to say good morning to a stranger.
In the cries for justice on the neighborhood bulletin board.
In the tall and glorious trees that sing praises to my God.
In the lawn art that seems so crazy it makes me laugh.

Echoes of the many places I've lived.
Echoes of who I've been, who I am now.
Echoes of longings, dreams of who I want to be.
Ugliness and beauty allowed to stand side by side...
Reflecting much of what I find within.


This place allows me space to live a simple life...
to stop in unannounced and share heart-talk with a friend,
to chat again with the same bus driver, say hi to the same neighbor.
Yet also opportunity for whatever grand adventure my heart desires...
a waterfall, a city of books, a chance to explore what's down that road,
simply because I've never been there before.



1 comment:

  1. God Bless you Holly, God has granted you much wisdom. Keep exploring and He will walk and reveal much to you!!

    ReplyDelete